Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Last week, we read What if I had Animal Teeth by Sandra Markle. My coworker suggested a great lesson by Oceans of Firsts.  Students wrote their opinion about which animal teeth they would prefer to have.
If I Had Animal Teeth

   I printed out the teeth choices provide by Oceans of Firsts but also gave my kiddos blank white paper to freestyle their teeth.   I didn't use the face template, instead I took pictures of the students and had them glue the teeth on their pictures.  How stinkin' cute did they turn out?


  We  also practiced counting on.  Most of my pumpkins can count to 100. 

We counted to 100 on our 100 poster.  I put post it notes over random numbers and asked the students to tell me the missing number. I asked how they knew which number was missing. Most said they looked at the number before and counted up. Most of my pumpkins can count to 100.  I strategically gave numbers out. For example, When I had my pumpkins orally count to 100 to me. I wrote down the numbers they struggled with. So lets say little Bobby counted 38, 39...60... He got number 39 and a 100s chart. So .. I gave them a number, a fish and five 1 inch circles... they wrote the number on the fish and counted on putting each number after on the air bubbles.
Next, time I need to do a few things differently, cut 1 inch white circles for the bubbles.. not blue it was too close to the water color and I would have them write their thought process of how they were able to know which number came next.

No comments:

Post a Comment