Friday, April 29, 2016

The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing

 I am super excited about my little pumpkins writing yesterday.  One of my coworkers found this great opinion writing lesson on the blog  Lessons with Laughter.  Although this lesson was originally for 3-5th graders, we made it simple enough for our kinders. We read the book The Best Part of Me by Wendy Ewald.  We brainstormed different parts of our bodies. Then, each child thought really hard about which part was the best part of them.
"I like my teeth be cause my teeth go fhrough my food. I like strawberries because the taas is yumee. "


           This one tickled me because  of the vowel pairs.  This little guy knew he heard a long vowel sound and made it by adding vowel pairs. I also love how he spells what he hears himself saying, notice the f instead of t for through.

                                           "I like my feet because they can take me places."
This was an easy peasie lesson. I took the photos with my cellphone, printed them on the black and white printer, and then used black construction paper as a base. How stinkin' cute did they turn out?


No comments:

Post a Comment