Monday, April 11, 2016

The last two weeks we have been practicing for our spring play. My students did a play on growing plants.  I am proud to say they ROCKED it! 
I am just a little seed, some day I hope to be
a healthy, big and bright, green plant for all the world to see.

                   I am the soil.  I give the seed a cozy home to grow in.
        I will keep it warm and snug in March when the cold winds start blowin'.

I am water. I will give the tiny seed a drink. And then the seed will start to grow much sooner than you think.


I am the sun and my strong rays will shine upon the seed. I'll give it warmth and my bright light, both things a plant will need.

Wow, Look now. I am a plant. All of you are great at what you do, each one of you is special and I needed everyone of you.


 They did great! We also planted seeds this week. We are hoping they grow for Mother's day.

  We practiced our sight words with these awesome 1G Power word Dominoes.  It has a great little accountable piece, having children write the words they struggle with and the words they thought were easy.  It also has a smaller sets of Dominoes fro your kiddos that are overwhelmed with too many words. So my struggling kiddos work on the smaller sets, with only ten words. There is a great little parent letter included I just highlight the words the kids struggled with and send it home for parents to help with.  It is available at TPT
I love this piece. It really makes them think about the words they struggle with.
 

You can visit my Teacher Pay Teacher sight for a free one more one less write the room math center by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment